Wednesday, March 21, 2007

The hair drama

to complement my curly mind, i of course was blessed with curly hair. No.. no no no, wait....I actually was a straight haired girl. Until it all happen, I was a nine years old kid in the 80s, curls was happening back then and i was just a little sister who always wanted to do whatever things my sister did. So, when she permed her hair..... so did I.. and it was the last time i see my glossy-manageable-straight hair... from there on it was all frizz and coarse... i hate it .. i hate it !!
it was the biggest mistake of my life, while the trends lasted 5 minutes, I, however, 17 years later, still stuck with this big curly hair..
So from there on whenever i was idle-ing i would brush my hair, pulling it down, hoping that the curls would go away, and my hair would finally be straight and easy once more.
but 'big and frizzy' was meant for life for me..

Then i give up, i stop brushing my hair, i stop trying to control my frizz, i stop pulling it into a ponytail, i was exhausted.. and miraclelously it started to work !

ok,.. to sum up this is how i got my hair to work for me,..

rule #1: Stop brushing your hair.
its the biggest crime againts curly hair. brushing would only pulling the curls down into undescribe-able frizz, so.. dont !!

Rule #2: Good hairdresser is key, when your hair is curly.
When my hairdresser move to another town, every haircut was an adventure, with my mane at risk.... turn out it was a good thing. i started to try-out new styles and i learned some cut actually complement my curls instead of hiding it
the basic key is layering, so curls wont be too bulky and heavy that it gotten soo big.

Rule #3: Conditioner, oil & lotion.
After all this year i have been walking around looking like a lion head,... the mysteries of curly hair is in emollient.
curly hair go wild when they dry, so always use conditioner. and no, regular conditioner wont do, curly hair needed richer cream. daily.. i used them every time i shampoo-ed. Yes that is what it takes for curly hair. I even layer on conditioner, with a leave-on hair lotion to define and further more enhanced my curls.

Rule #4: Air-dry is best !!
You have pile-up those cream and lotion on your hair, blow-drying would only make it dry, and frizzy again. so for curly hair, blow drying doesn't make any sense.

and now i just wait, good hair-day surely come my way !!

2 comments:

Rifky Pramana Hady said...

?"..been walking around looking like a lion head?" hahahaha...gak segitunya lagi cher! btw, gue ngeliatnya elo cucok ajah ama rambut curly elo (mungkin karena bosen liat orang2 rambutnya lurus secara kimia kali ya hehehe)

Unknown said...

Its 15 years of hair training, ...hahahahaaa.. thanks yakk !!!